Attached are the minutes from the April 15, 2021 North Augusta Sertoma club Board Meeting. Please review them. if you have comments or corrections, please contact Dennis Murphy. If no comments or corrections, the minutes shall be approved as read here.
Board Meeting Minutes
Date: April 15, 2021
Call to order: Time 7:56 PM By: Michael Ford
Board In Attendance: Faulkner, Gillian , Goble, London, Lott, Corbitt, Hewett , Young, , Madebach, Jones , Ford, McDowell, . Murphy, Absent: Summers, Brown, , Smith
- Dues invoices have been sent out.
- Membership Update: 69 members.
- Board recommended that we again look into paying dues with Credit Card (Pay Pal or ?) David Hewett to look into it. Waiting until banks are open again so that an account can be opened.
- Was noted and discussed that Dennis Jinks (former cub member) was a guest tonight. Mr Jinks was dropped from the roster a couple years ago for lack of payment of dues. Board discussed what procedures to be followed for reinstatement of past members. Dennis Murphy will look into Club and Sertoma Inc. policy for reinstatement of past members.
Membership applications: None
Bank Balances: Donated last Meeting: 0
Ops: \$ 32,222
Charity: \$ 17,584 Donated This Meeting: 0
Sec 4190 \$ 57,720
Bingo: \$ 25,434
Total \ $132,960 Donations YTD: \$ 53,319 . Available for Fiscal Year \$ 18,681
Cost of tonight’s meal: \$200.00 Raffle \$ net. \$40 Food sales \$ 5
- Golden Harvest Food Bank – Not recommended
- Wounded Warriors – Not recommended
- Notification of an American Legion Golf Tournament in October. – no action taken
- Hut H & A replacement submitted to Chief Thomas to determine path forward and Public Safety participation.
- 50th Anniversary Banquet. tabled
- Service to Mankind nomination and submission to Sertoma Inc. Tabled – David Brunson
- David Hewett brought up to the Board that Sertoma Inc. is having their convention in Kansas City in July and did we want to send someone. Ken McDowell tentatively volunteered to attend. Board discussed past policy of paying for members attendance to convention. Will continue discussion at next meeting
- Board discussed meeting schedule for June and July. It was decided that we will keep our two meetings per month at the normal times for June and July
Meeting and Food Schedule (Food schedule is tentative and subject to change)
- 5/6/21 – Bill Street will cater? Kevin Gillian will look into feasibility and coordinate
- 5/20/21 – Team Ilardi
- 6/3/21 – Team London
- 6/14/21 – ?
- 7/1/21 – Team Ford – Butt Cook Off?
Casino Night status: David Brunson: David Brunson is the person responsible for coordination of dealers and making sure there are a point of contact at all Casino events. All events ae on hold due to Covid 19
Membership Committee Report –
- Has a committee of he and Ken McDowell and Ned Maner. No report
Activities for Balance of FY 2020/2021:
Adjournment : 8:20 PM