Attached are the minutes from the January 21, 2021 North Augusta Sertoma club Board Meeting. Please review them. if you have comments or corrections, please contact Dennis Murphy. If no comments or corrections, the minutes shall be approved as read here.
Board Meeting Minutes
Date: March 4, 2021
Call to order: Time 8:06 PM By: Kevin Gillian
Board In Attendance: Faulkner, Gillian , Goble, London, Lott, Corbitt, Murphy, Hewett , Smith, Young, , Madebach, Summers, Brown, Jones , Ford. Absent: McDowell,
- Dues invoices have been sent out.
- Membership Update: 70 members.
- Board recommended that we again look into paying dues with Credit Card (Pay Pal or ?) David Hewett to look into it. Waiting until banks are open again so that an account can be opened.
Membership applications: None
Bank Balances: Donated last Meeting: \$1,000 – NA Arts and Heritage Council \$11,697.75 – Uiniv Hosp. Speech & Hearing
Ops: \$ 33,048
Charity: \$ 19,586 Donated This Meeting:
Sec 4190 \$ 50,832
Bingo: \$ 24,432
Total \ $127,898 Donations YTD: \$ 51,955 . Available for Fiscal Year \$ 209,045
Cost of tonight’s meal: \$ 637.00 Raffle \$ 56 net. \$ 20 Food sales \$ 30
Sponsorship: 1. Golden Harvest Food Bank – Not Recommended 2. Wounded Warriors- Not Recommended
- Kevin Gillian and John Morris looking into possible upgrading of A/C units at the Hut. Still working on getting quotes. Still pursuing additional quotes. Michael Ford: Still working
- 50th Anniversary Banquet.
- Service to Mankind nomination and submission to Sertoma Inc. David Brunson working on it. Dennis Murphy to find out latest date for submittal for Sertoma International consideration
- Discussion of Probable Winners event: Tentatively planned for 3/31/21
- Dennis Murphy, Doug Faulkner, Rick Faulkner to put together the program
- Kevin Gillian to Coordinate event – date/time/location/meal, etc
- Speech and Hearing Office on Buena Vista Ave. Kevin Gillian will look into what they do and if we may be able to offer them some assistance
- Election Committee – Ken McDowell to proceed with forming committee and selection of candidates.
Board passed motion to pass this FY allocation for banquets on to be added to next FY allocation for banquets, so that we may have ample money to fund a nice 50th anniversary banquet.
Meeting and Food Schedule (Food schedule is tentative and subject to change)
- 3/4/21 – Michael Ford
- 3/18/21 – David Brunson (Team Brown will cook if Brunson is not able)
- 4/1/21 – No Meeting
- 4/15/21 – Cater? Bill Street?
Casino Night status: David Brunson:
- Currently Scheduled events: Temple of Israel in Feb.2021
Membership Committee Report – David Brunson, Chairman:
- Has a committee of he and Ken McDowell and Ned Maner.
Activities for Balance of FY 2020/2021:
Adjournment : 8:45 PM