Attached are the minutes from the January 21, 2021 North Augusta Sertoma club Board Meeting. Please review them. if you have comments or corrections, please contact Dennis Murphy. If no comments or corrections, the minutes shall be approved as read here.
Board Meeting Minutes
Date: February 18, 2021
Call to order: Time 7:55 PM By: Kevin Gillian
Board In Attendance: Faulkner, Gillian , Goble, London, Lott, Corbitt, Murphy, Hewett , Smith, Young, , Madebach, Summers, McDowell, . Absent: , Brown, Jones , Ford
- Dues invoices have been sent out.
- Membership Update: 68 members. Tom Willis dropped membership due to illness
- Board recommended that we again look into paying dues with Credit Card (Pay Pal or ?) David Hewett to look into it. Waiting until banks are open again so that an account can be opened.
Membership applications: Ryan Smith – approved
Bank Balances: Donated last Meeting: \$400 – Martinez Merchants assoc.; \$5,000 Support 1
Ops: \$ 33,020
Charity: \$ 19,584 Donated This Meeting: \$11,697.75 – University Hosp. Speech& Hearing
Sec 4190 \$ 63,530 \$1,000 – North Augusta Arts Council
Bingo: \$ 23,430
Total \ $139,565 Donations YTD: \$ 39,257 . Available for Fiscal Year \$ 37,743
Cost of tonight’s meal: \$ 572 Raffle \$ 45 net. \$ Food sales \$ 5
- Wounded Warriors – Not recommended
- North Augusta Arts Council – committee recommended \$500, Motion was amended to \$1,000.
- University Hospital Speech and Hearing presented a 4-part request:
- “Fast Forward- auditory computer process -\$4,860 – Approved
- “Iowa Oral Performance Instrument (IOPI)” – \$4,543.25 – Approved
- “VitalStim with electrodes – \$|2,294.5 – Approved
- Continuing Education Programs – \$7,000 – NOT Recommended. Committee feels vendors or others can provide this training.
Total for Speech and Hearing – \$11,697.75
- Kevin Gillian and John Morris looking into possible upgrading of A/C units at the Hut. Still working on getting quotes. Still pursuing additional quotes. Michael Ford:
- 50th Anniversary Banquet.
- Service to Mankind nomination and submission to Sertoma Inc. David Brunson working on it. Dennis Murphy to find out latest date for submittal for Sertoma International consideration
- Discussion of Probable Winners event: Tentatively planned for 3/31/21
- Dennis Murphy, Doug Faulkner, Rick Faulkner to put together the program
- Kevin Gillian to Coordinate event – date/time/location/meal, etc
- Speech and Hearing Office on Buena Vista Ave. Kevin Gillian will look into what they do and if we may be able to offer them some assistance
- Election Committee – Ken McDowell to proceed with forming committee and selection of candidates.
Meeting and Food Schedule (Food schedule is tentative and subject to change)
- 3/4/21 – Michael Ford
- 3/18/21 – David Brunson
- 4/1/21 – No Meeting
- 4/15/21 – Cater? Bill Street?
Casino Night status: David Brunson:
- Currently Scheduled events: Temple of Israel in Feb.2021
Membership Committee Report – David Brunson, Chairman: Nothing to report
- Has a committee of he and Ken McDowell and Ned Maner.
Activities for Balance of FY 2020/2021:
Adjournment : 8:20 PM