Below are the minutes from the 10/01/2020 Board Meeting. Please review. If there are any errors, questions or issues, please contact club Secretary, Dennis Murphy. Otherwise, the minutes will be “approved as read”.
Board Meeting Minutes
Date: October 1, 2020
Call to order: Time 8:27 PM By: Michael Ford
Board In Attendance: Ford ,Corbitt, Faulkner, Gillian , Goble, McDowell , Hewett , London, Smith, Brown, Murphy, Madebach, , Summers, , . Absent: Lott, Jones
- Dues invoices have been sent out. Membership Update: 74 members.
- Pursuing delinquent membership dues. Contacting members who are 2 quarters or more behind in dues. Have not reached all. Cato and Wetherington dropped.
Membership applications: Membership application for Dan Griffin. Approved
TREASURER REPORT: See hard copy attached: **
Bank Balances: Donated This Meeting: TBD
Ops: \$ 33,391
Charity: \$ 19,577
Sec 4190 \$ 50,877
Bingo: \$ 20,421
Total \$ 124,266 Donations YTD: \$18,682 . Available for Fiscal Year \$53,318
Cost of tonight’s meal: \$ 267.00 Raffle \$85 net. Food sales \$ 5
- Request for donation from “Wounded Warriors”. Recommended No
- Request from CMONA. Board approved a donation of \$5,000.00
- The Board passed a motion to pay for 13 campers to attend Camp Sertoma when camping resumes
Kevin Gillian and John Morris looking into possible upgrading of A/C units at the Hut. Still working on getting quotes. Still pursuing additional quotes
“Discussion of possible winners of the Masters” – Venue? Event will be held at Ned Maner’s place of business. For members only
David Hewett reported that there will be no “baskets” coming from Camp Sertoma and that we would be unable to reach the campers that were scheduled to go before it was cancelled due to Covid. We will use the \$650 elsewhere in our charity budget
David Hewett will assemble all old bank records and deliver to Niles Ellifson for shredding. Also will call Patrick Zier to see if he still has old Sertoma Club files and records
- The Discussed the upcoming 50th Club Anniversary. Board passed a motion to have a special banquet to honor charter members and to include Ray Morris and Herb Olsen. We will try to do the banquet in January and will include wives. We will probably not be having the annual Valentine party in February. Kevin Gillian has responsibility
- University Hospital Speech and Hearing has invited us to attend a “Big Check” Presentation on October 9, 2020. At 09:15. All members are invited to attend.
- Kevin Gillian asked for a volunteer to do a Sertoman of the Year nomination and submission to Sertoma Inc. David Brunson volunteered.
Meeting and Food Schedule (Food schedule is tentative and subject to cha
- 10/15/2020 Team Ilardi
- 11/5/2020 Team Brown
- NEED MORE COOKING TEAMS ON SCHEDULE
Casino Night status: David Brunson:
- Currently Scheduled events:
Membership Committee Report – David Brunson, Chairman:
- David Brunson attended Board meeting to discuss Membership. Has a committee of he and Ken Mcdowell and Ned Maner Dennis Murphy forwarded to the committee how to access member recruitment/retention information on the Sertoma Inc website. The will meet and discuss plans for membership recruitment.
Activities for Balance of FY 2020/2021:
- Adjournment : 09”05 PM