These are the minutes from the August 20, 2020 North Augusta Sertoma Club Board Meeting. Please review them. If you have any questions or issues, please contact the Secretary Dennis Murphy. If there are not questions, issues or corrections, the minutes will be “Approved as Read”
Board Meeting Minutes
Date: August 20, 2020
Call to order: Time 8:00 PM By: Michael Ford
Board In Attendance: Ford, Lott, Corbitt, Faulkner, Gillian , Goble, Jones, McDowell , Brown, Hewett , London, Smith, Murphy, Summers, Madebach Absent:
- Dues invoices have been sent out. Membership Update: 76 members.
- Dennis Murphy submitted Life Membership for Rick Faulkner to Sertoma Inc.
- What to do about overdue membership dues will be discussed further at the budget meeting on 9/2/2020
- Passed out copies of club Policy Statement. Some requested electronic copies
Membership applications: None
TREASURER REPORT: See hard copy attached: **.
Bank Balances: Donated Last Meeting:
Ops: \$ 31,225 Scholarships : \$2,000 Wounded Warriors: \$120
Charity: \$ 18,443 Fam. Promise of Augusta: \$300 1st Bapt Chrch, of NA :\$50
Sec 4190 \$ 51,962 Foster Gparents Prog. : \$500 Sertoma Inc. \$200
Bingo: \$ 17,572 Total Donated Last Meeting: \$3,170
Total \$ 119,232 Donations YTD: \$
Cost of tonight’s meal: \$ ? Raffle \$ net. Food sales \$
- Pat Carpenter of “Cross Connections” – \$800 for underprivileged children. Approved
- Golden Harvest Food Bank. Not recommended
- 1st Tee Boys and Girls club Golf Tournament – Not recommended
- Aiken Sertoma Club Camp Sertoma Golf tournament 10/19/2020 – one team, \$500 – Approved
- AJAG Junior golf tournament at Mt. Vintage 9/11/2020 – \$1250 – Not recommended
- Request for Bert Yancy Golf Tournament – Tabled for further review
Kevin Gillian and John Morris looking into possible upgrading of A/C units at the Hut. Still working on getting quotes.
David Hewett to follow up with Hap Greenway about “baskets”. Still pending
Semi-annual budget meeting scheduled for Sept. 2, 2020 at the Hut. Kevin Gillian to check on availability of Hut.
Dennis Murphy to send another reminder of the budget meeting.
.David Hewett asked for help with sorting/filing/keeping old club documents. Dennis Murphy and Jack London to assist. Dennis Murphy to contact Niles Ellifson about digital copying and disposal of old documents.
Meeting and Food Schedule (Food schedule is tentative and subject to change)
- 8/20/2020 – Fred Ilardi team – spaghetti and meatballs
- 09/03/2020 –“Pork Butt Cook off” – Ricci Jones and Al Kitchen to do “Cup Night” raffle.
- NEED MORE COOKING TEAMS ON SCHEDULE
Note: The Ilardi Team wants to have one Big expanded Italian meal (mussels et.al.) Board said it would be a good idea.
Casino Night status: David Brunson: (Is David still responsible for Casino nights?)
- Currently Scheduled events:
Membership Committee Report – David Brunson, Chairman: (David is no longer on the board. Do we need to appoint someone else?)
- Activities for Balance of FY 2020/2021:
- Adjournment : 8:25 PM