“Revised” Special Board Meeting Minutes for August 9, 2017

On August 16, 2017, in News, by Sertoma Secretary

Hope the dollar figures come thru this time

 

Special Board Meeting Minutes

Date:  August 9, 2017

Call to order: Time            6:10                   PM                                       by:     Stetson Corbitt

Board In Attendance:  Murphy, Faulkner,    Brunson, Camryn Gillian , McDowell,   Hewett, Zier, Godwin , Corbitt,  Brown ,  Rex Goble, London, K. Gillian,  Absent: Summers, Jones.

Secretary Report:

1.         Dues invoices have been sent out.  Dues payments are coming in steadily. There is still plenty of time in fiscal year to bring dues up to balance.

2.       Membership Update:  87 members.  At our last special Board Meeting, membership was 91.  About 1/3 have paid (/$8,030).  Outstanding balance is \$16,155

3.       Am in the process of re-verifying correct addresses and email addresses for all members.  It is a time consuming project.  When I finish it, we will look at problems with members receiving emails and billings

 TREASURER REPORT:  See hard copy attached  

Mid-year Budget discussion/assessment

1.     Board voted, based on higher than expected revenues to the “Charity Account” to make this fiscal years projected budget be set at \$74,000.00.

2.     Board voted to revise annual budget percentages of projected income.  See below:

 

Item

% of total

12

Est. $ Amt./Item

Banquets

13.0%

 

\$9,750

Scholarships

23.0%

 

\$17,250

Community

27.0%

 

\$20,250

Speech/Hearing

31.0%

 

\$23,250

Golf Outings

5.0%

 

\$3,750

Miscellaneous

1.0%

 

\$750

 

 

 

 

Total

100.0%

 

\$75,000

 

 

 

 

Bank Balances:

Ops:                 \$37,695

Charity:            \$27,141

Sec 4190          \$40,167

Bingo:              \$23,388

Total                            \$128,391

Note:  Use of / before dollar signs is because when I transcribe the word document to the Sertoma Website documents for mailing, the word processor drops the dollar figures unless I put a / in front of it

Sponsorship:

New:     Bert Yancy Golf Tournament:  sponsorship committee had voted to put in one team.  Board decided to give them \$2500.00.  This will give us two teams.  The donation is to come from the “Community” budget.

Old Business:

1.0     Meeting and Food Schedule

·         8/17/17 – Something “Special” on Big Pig Rig ?  Who is cooking? ,Larry Brown will check with Kelly Zier

·         9/7/17 – Team Gillian

·         9/21/17 – Team Brunson

·         10/5/17 – Team London

 Casino Night status: 

1.       The Board had previously decided that for future Casino Nights, James Gay will be the point of contact and will handle all contract arrangements and that the responsibility for getting dealers and being the on location person in charge will be shared in rotation by  Board Members.  The Board decided that David Brunson will be the person responsible for coordination dealers and making sure there is a point of contact at all Casino events. The status and schedule of  Casino Nights and responsibilities will be carried as a Board Meeting Agenda item     

 

2.       Currently Scheduled events:

 Annual  Valentine Party

 Larry Brown has the lead on the Valentines Party

Date is set for 2/16/18 – Kevin Gillian will check on Hut availability

Golf Outing at Hickory Knob State Park:  Board decided to have the event on Thursday and Friday and we will cook a meal on Thursday night.

 

 

 

Old Business 

David Hewett spoke to Chief Thomas about whether there was anything we can do for  the Public Safety Hut.  Chief Thomas said he would get back to us.  Was suggested we make a strong overture to Public Safety.  Stetson Corbitt said he will speak to them.

 

 

 

 

Membership applications:   None

New Business: 

There was discussion about what we can do to increase membership.  Some suggestions were:

Better socializing at meetings (rather than sticking to established cliques)

Do more things with the wives

More golf outings

Board nominated David Brunson as chairman of the membership committee  to devise ways to improve membership

 

.

 

 

 

1.       Activities for Balance of FY 2017/2018:

                                                                         

2.       Adjournment  :                 7:50        PM

 

Comments are closed.